You heard me right; 15 minutes to guilt-free, homemade peanut butter cups!
This is such a great way to satisfy a sweet craving without reaching for the ice cream! It is literally a 3 ingredient dessert with a few additional options for tweaking it the way you like it!
- 4 -70% Organic Dark Chocolate Bars (200 grams)
- 4 Tbs Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3/4 Cup Natural Peanut Butter or any nut or seed butter
- 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla (optional)
- 1 Tbs Raw Honey (optional) I didn’t add any this time, but it cuts the dark chocolate kick.
- Shredded coconut, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, toffee bits, etc. could be added as toppings as well.
Melt chocolate squares, and 2 Tbs of coconut oil over a double boiler or in the microwave for 30 second intervals (stirring in between) until melted. Add vanilla and honey if you are using it. Place a 1/2 Tbs of chocolate mixture into 12 cupcake liners and stick in the freezer on a plate while you combine the peanut butter and remaining 2 Tbs of coconut oil. Take the liners out of the freezer and add a Tbs of peanut butter mixture, followed by another Tbs of chocolate. I used a bit too much chocolate on the bottom layer, so I didn’t have enough to cover the top entirely. It doesn’t make a difference to me, and I kind of like the different swirly designs on the top. The top picture is said to look like the Superman symbol or a ninja in our house!
If you are adding toppings, allow the cups to freeze about 5 minutes, then gently press the toppings into the top of the peanut butter cups. Freeze for about 15 minutes until firm, and they are ready to eat!
You can keep them in the freezer or fridge and pop them out whenever you want one. I personally like them straight from the freezer!
Sara ~Fresh Foodie Mama~