This sandwich is a high-fiber powerhouse! I love finding ways to add legumes to each meal, and this makes them the star!
- 1 Can Organic and BPA-free 3 Bean Mix (Black, Pinto, Kidney)
- 1 Can Organic and BPA-free Chickpeas
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Celery
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Raw Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Himalayan Season Salt Blend (Or garlic powder if you don’t have it on hand)
- Optional -2 Tablespoons of non-gmo or egg-free mayonnaise of your choice.
In a small bowl or a blender, add all the dressing ingredients except oil and blend or whisk until combined. Slowly add the oil while whisking constantly until completely combined. Wash and drain beans and add to a large bowl. Using a potato masher, gently mash the beans leaving them the consistency of a chunky guacamole. Add the celery and onion and fold the into the beans. Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and stir to coat. If you like this to be like a deli-style tuna sandwich, you can add the optional mayonnaise at this point. Serve on bread of choice or scooped over a bed of greens.
Sara ~Fresh Foodie Mama~