Instead of Taco Tuesday, how about Tzatziki Tuesday?! This Grass-fed Beef Gyro Board is an easy family Meal that gets rave reviews!
You can use any protein you would like; beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, or even vegan options like my Vegan Meatballs!
Grass-fed Beef Gyro with Tzatziki
- 1 lb Grass-fed Beef
- 1 Vidalia Onion sliced thin
- 2 Cucumbers- 1 1/2 sliced into coins and otger 1/2 grated or finely chopped.
- 1 1/2 Cup Plain Greek yogurt or vegan substitute
- 8 Mini Naan Breads
- 4 Cloves Garlic grated or finely minced
- 2 Tbs fresh dill
- 1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- Half a lemon cut into wedges
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
Combine the beef with 2 cloves of garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of oil to a pan over medium. Add the beef in the form of one large patty. Let it cook until edges are a bit crispy, about 5 minutes. Flip the patty and cook through. It may break into a few larger pieces, and that is fine. You will end up breaking it up into portions to fill the Naan bread.
While the beef is cooking, add the yogurt, remaining garlic, chopped cucumber, juice of a lemon wedge, dill, salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
The last few minutes of cooking, warm your Naan bread in the oven according to package instructions. Assemble your board by placing the beef, Naan Bread, vidalia onion, and lemon wedges around the perimeter with the bowl of Tzatziki in the center.
Sara ~ Fresh Foodie Mama~