I have embarked on the sourdough journey, which results in lots of discard. These muffins are a great use of sourdough discard!
FOR THE MUFFINS:
• 1 c. Organic or gluten free all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp. baking soda
• ¼ tsp. pink salt
• ¼ c. coconut sugar
• 1 c. fed sourdough starter (discard)
• 1 egg or flax egg
• 4 Tbs. Vegan cultured or grass-fed butter melted
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 1 Tbs. lemon juice
• 1 c. blueberries, blackberries, raspberries (or more 😋)
FOR THE TOPPING:
• 1/3 c. Coconut sugar
• 1/4 c. flour
• 4 T. Vegan cultured butter like Miyokos or grass-fed butter softened
• 1 t. cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp pink salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl mix together the sourdough starter, egg, butter, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix well.
4. Add the flour to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
5. Fold in the berries. Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about ⅔ of the way full.
6. Mix together all the ingredients for the topping and mix until a crumble forms. Sprinkle 1-2 teaspoons of the crumble on top of each muffin.
7. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack
Adapted from https://www.hezzi-dsbooksandcooks.com/
2 thoughts on “Mixed Berry Crumble Sourdough Muffins – DF/GF”
These muffins are so good and make a great snack.
Thank you so much! I agree, I just made another batch this morning!