My daughter is about to turn 7 and I thought these individual Zucchini and Carrot Rose Tarts would be the perfect Birthday Breakfast!
- 1 Block Extra Firm Organic Tofu cut into cubes
- 2 Tbs Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 Cloves of garlic minced
- Optional (Fresh Herbs like Tower Garden Basil)
Add all ingredients to blender and pulse until desired consistency. Use this in lasagna, manicotti, eggplant rollatini, tomato pie, spread on crostini, or use in any recipe that calls for ricotta!
If using a sheet of puff pastry, thaw about 15 minutes and then unroll. You may cut puff pastry sheet into six squares and use a muffin tin to make individual tarts. Put parchment paper and dried beans on top of puff pastry dough in the muffin tin to weigh it down slightly. Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. If making the gluten free tart, you can make it now.
Gluten Free Tart Crust
- 3/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Roasted Cashews with Sea Salt (If not salted, add 1/4 tsp sea salt)
- 1/2 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP Herbs (dried herbs of choice.) I like Herbs de Provence, or Bragg’s 24 Herb mix.
- 1 TBS Organic Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil, Grass-fed Butter, Vegan Butter
Buzz everything together in a food processor and spread in a tart or pie pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, until edges are lightly browned.
Use a vegetable peeler to get thin ribbons of zucchini and carrots. Colorful carrots like purple and yellow can make a beautiful addition to your spring table! Microwave or steam the ribbons for 1 minute so they are pliable and easy to roll. Tightly roll each ribbon, using about 3 ribbons for each rose.
Combine Vegan Ricotta with a 1/4 cup of vegan mozzarella, handful of Tower Garden basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into prepared puffed pastry or tart crust of your choice. Press roses into ricotta mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes until filling is cooked through.
Sara ~Fresh Foodie Mama ~