Airfryer Spahgetti Squash is so easy! Just cut it in half, scoop out seeds, add little salt, pepper, spray or drizzle of oil if you choose, and airfry at 370 for 20 minutes–DONE! You can top it with anything. How about my Vegan meatballs for a really healthy rendition of the traditional dish!
In this recipe, you get all the yummy flavor of Pad Thai but it’s vegan and gluten free! If you add this to your dinner rotation, let me know what you think!
Airfryer Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai with Crispy Tofu
- 1 Spaghetti Squash cut in half horizontally, seeds removed
- 1 Block of organic tofu, extra firm
- 1 Bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 Carrot, cut into matchstick or coin shape
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- Peanuts, cilantro, bean sprouts and lime juice and wedges to taste
- 1 garlic clove minced, 2 Tbs Coconut aminos, 1 Tbs Sesame oil
- 1 tsp of cornstarch or flour for dusting just before cooking
- 1/4 Cup Warm water
- 3 Tbs Coconut aminos, Tamari, or soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbs Agave, maple syrup, or honey
- 2 Tbs Lime or lemon juice
- 1 Tbs Garlic Chili sauce, sambal Oeleek, or sriracha (omit for no heat)
- 1 Clove of garlic minced or microplaned in
- 1 TBS fresh ginger or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
If your airfryer is large and has different drawers, you could airfry the squash and tofu at the same time. Mine was not, but it still didn’t take very long. Cut the squash in half, scoop out seeds, add little salt and pepper, spray or drizzle of oil if you choose, and airfry at 370 for 20 minutes.
While the squash is cooking cut your veggies, marinate the tofu, and make the sauce. You don’t have to marinate the tofu, but it gives it a nice flavor if you can for 20-30 minutes. I also pressed my tofu with a heavy cast iron skillet to get out all the liquid. Place the block of tofu on paper towels, then another paper towel on top. Place a heavy pan on the tofu for 5 minutes. Cut the tofu into chunks and add to a bowl or resealable bag to marinate. Add minced garlic, coconut aminos or soy sauce, and sesame oil. Let sit while you cut the veggies and make the sauce.
Cut veggies and add them to a small saute pan with a little spray or drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Cook over medium heat until tender, about 10 minutes. To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a bowl or glass measuring cup and stir until well incorporated.
Remove spaghetti squash from airfryer and set aside. Add 1 tsp of cornstarch or flour to the tofu to coat. Add tofu to the airfryer, and spray lightly with oil if you wish, but not necessary. Airfry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Sprinkle with a little pink salt.
Scrape spaghetti squash into a large bowl, add the veggies, tofu, sauce, peanuts and cilantro. You can save some of the sauce to drizzle on top. Scoop the mixture back into the squash shells and top with additional peanuts, lime wedges, bean sprouts, to taste.
Sara~Fresh Foodie Mama~